Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza Friday (FM6) 4th August 8:30 till late.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza Friday (FM6) 4th August 8:30 till late.

Starts every Friday at 8:30 GMT

Runs until people get tired usually midnight.

Since the early days of FM3, we’ve been running a combination of silly and serious races using one of the most accessible racing sims available. Every Friday night, it’s not about crushing rivals or being a dominant force of motorsport; rather, it’s about enjoying races that are unexpected, challenging, and just plain fun.

Do you like racing cars? Do you like doing silly stuff with cars? Do you want to do any or all of that with the MVG crew? If so, you should join us.

How to Join

This section is subject to change dramatically based on any improvements made to the Xbox One.
    1. Follow my gamertag, MVG Zapiy. You should be able to do this without needing my permission on the Xbox One. It will also make my Drivatar more likely to join your career races. I apologize in advance.
    2. Post your gamertag in this thread. This way, I can follow you back to send game invites and make it easier for you to jump straight into my lobbies. ONLY POST YOUR GAMERTAG IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.
    3. When I start up the private lobby for Race Night just before 8:30 PM, I'll go through my list of followers and invite anyone playing Forza Motorsport 6 into my game. This would be a good time to be playing Forza. If my friends list says you're in-game, I'm hitting you with an invite. If you can join my lobby before that invite, then feel free to be proactive! You won't be disturbing any natural order.
    4. We'll race. You'll have fun, hopefully.

Two additional notes to keep in mind:

• Occasionally I might be unable to attend due to work commitments, so someone else will host during those weeks. We’ll try to keep track of that in this thread, but it may slip through the cracks at times.
    • If you aren’t joining right at 8:30, there may be a delay inviting you in. You can send me a message to alert me you want in, but please be patient, as we’re probably in the middle of a 5-10 minute race.

What To Expect

While we mostly race during Race Night – hence the name – we do have a few other game modes we've created over the years that are fun.

In addition, expect the following special series over the course of the next two years:
    • Clio Cup: This series is a great way to start or laidback race nights, more on this soon.
    • B Class Dash: We will run a mini series with a yet to be chosen B class car.

The Rules

Our standards are pretty simple, like our motto, "Come for the gaming, Stay for the Friends"

Don't intentionally crash others during races.

Forza Motorsport 6 is not nearly as full-contact as Forza Horizon 3. Accidents will happen with high speeds and limited space, but please don’t slam into other players, and be mindful to give appropriate space when battling.

If you do end up taking someone out by accident and advance your position as a result, it's considered good manners to give them the spot back. This doesn't always mean stopping on track, which we've learned can be rather dangerous, but if you see the person you crashed in your rear-view mirror driving at speed again, slowing down and letting them pass is a nice gesture.

Be mindful of the voice chat.

We are a bunch of like minded gamers, some are nutters but all are in it for the same reason with a little swearing... A good nights gaming with friends

Other Things You Should Know

If you want to join, JOIN.

Don't mull over whether you're good enough or not. Our fields are full of people with widely varying skills, and as long as you're willing to understand that racing's not always about finishing first, but finishing well, you should have a great time with us. You won’t be cast out because you’re placing last all the time. On the contrary! We want you to practice and learn. Mastering this racing stuff is a pretty amazing feeling.
    If you're worried about crashing one of us accidentally, let me just say that we're all used to how online racing typically goes. We can avoid your spinning car with brakes aflame, so don't worry about that either.
    We don't mind if you're late.

As long as we have open spots (and we will have open spots with lobbies of this size), we're looking for people until the end of Race Night. If you can only make it to Race Night an hour in, then you're good. Get in here.
    You don’t need a racing wheel.

Seriously, Vinny, it’s cool. This isn’t iRacing, so controllers are supported very well. I’ve always used a controller for Forza, and it’s worked fine thus far. Not having a wheel won’t put you at a horrendous disadvantage, trust me.
    You don't need any cars or DLC, but having a car for each class would be nice.

The car suggestion is for your own enjoyment, as earning less money from rental cars is rarely fun.
    Have fun! That's what we're here for.

You might hear some of the long-time regulars make reference to things like Stanica the Danica Fanica or the Lamborghini Pizza Club, but don’t worry about that.

You’ll catch on soon enough, Seriously, just enjoy yourself.

Originally posted by MVG zapiy View Post

Starts every Friday at 8:30 GMT

Since the early days of FM3, weíve been running a combination of silly and serious races using one of the most accessible racing sims available. Every Friday night, itís not about crushing rivals or being a dominant force of motorsport; rather, itís about enjoying races that are unexpected, challenging, and just plain fun.

Do you like racing cars? Do you like doing silly stuff with cars? Do you want to do any or all of that with the MVG crew? If so, you should join us.

How to Join

This section is subject to change dramatically based on any improvements made to the Xbox One.
    1. Follow my gamertag, MVG Zapiy. You should be able to do this without needing my permission on the Xbox One. It will also make my Drivatar more likely to join your career races. I apologize in advance.
    2. Post your gamertag in this thread. This way, I can follow you back to send game invites and make it easier for you to jump straight into my lobbies. ONLY POST YOUR GAMERTAG IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.
    3. When I start up the private lobby for Race Night just before 8:30 PM, I'll go through my list of followers and invite anyone playing Forza Motorsport 6 into my game. This would be a good time to be playing Forza. If my friends list says you're in-game, I'm hitting you with an invite. If you can join my lobby before that invite, then feel free to be proactive! You won't be disturbing any natural order.
    4. We'll race. You'll have fun, hopefully.

Two additional notes to keep in mind:

• Occasionally I might be unable to attend due to work commitments, so someone else will host during those weeks. Weíll try to keep track of that in this thread, but it may slip through the cracks at times.
    • If you arenít joining right at 8:30, there may be a delay inviting you in. You can send me a message to alert me you want in, but please be patient, as weíre probably in the middle of a 5-10 minute race.

What To Expect

While we mostly race during Race Night Ė hence the name Ė we do have a few other game modes we've created over the years that are fun.

In addition, expect the following special series over the course of the next two years:
    • Clio Cup: This series is a great way to start or laidback race nights, more on this soon.
    • B Class Dash: We will run a mini series with a yet to be chosen B class car.

The Rules

Our standards are pretty simple, like our motto, "Come for the gaming, Stay for the Friends"

Don't intentionally crash others during races.

Forza Motorsport 6 is not nearly as full-contact as Forza Horizon 3. Accidents will happen with high speeds and limited space, but please donít slam into other players, and be mindful to give appropriate space when battling.

If you do end up taking someone out by accident and advance your position as a result, it's considered good manners to give them the spot back. This doesn't always mean stopping on track, which we've learned can be rather dangerous, but if you see the person you crashed in your rear-view mirror driving at speed again, slowing down and letting them pass is a nice gesture.

Be mindful of the voice chat.

We are a bunch of like minded gamers, some are nutters but all are in it for the same reason with a little swearing... A good nights gaming with friends

Other Things You Should Know

If you want to join, JOIN.

Don't mull over whether you're good enough or not. Our fields are full of people with widely varying skills, and as long as you're willing to understand that racing's not always about finishing first, but finishing well, you should have a great time with us. You wonít be cast out because youíre placing last all the time. On the contrary! We want you to practice and learn. Mastering this racing stuff is a pretty amazing feeling.
    If you're worried about crashing one of us accidentally, let me just say that we're all used to how online racing typically goes. We can avoid your spinning car with brakes aflame, so don't worry about that either.
    We don't mind if you're late.

As long as we have open spots (and we will have open spots with lobbies of this size), we're looking for people until the end of Race Night. If you can only make it to Race Night an hour in, then you're good. Get in here.
    You donít need a racing wheel.

Seriously, Vinny, itís cool. This isnít iRacing, so controllers are supported very well. Iíve always used a controller for Forza, and itís worked fine thus far. Not having a wheel wonít put you at a horrendous disadvantage, trust me.
    You don't need any cars or DLC, but having a car for each class would be nice.

The car suggestion is for your own enjoyment, as earning less money from rental cars is rarely fun.
    Have fun! That's what we're here for.

You might hear some of the long-time regulars make reference to things like Stanica the Danica Fanica or the Lamborghini Pizza Club, but donít worry about that.

Youíll catch on soon enough, Seriously, just enjoy yourself.
    Jesus Christ if you are going to bang on about it this much I'll get the bloody game, that I can't play. At least that will be last place sorted when I play.

Usual story with me though will play when I can, which is not often.

I'll have to send the Mrs out on a girls night I think. Apart from that there may be the odd showing without the mic, but rest assured I will be abusing you all even if you can't hear me! Apart from young Casey of course as he's my bitch and I won't have a bad word said against him......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stonesroses View Post
      Jesus Christ if you are going to bang on about it this much I'll get the bloody game, that I can't play. At least that will be last place sorted when I play.

Usual story with me though will play when I can, which is not often.

I'll have to send the Mrs out on a girls night I think. Apart from that there may be the odd showing without the mic, but rest assured I will be abusing you all even if you can't hear me! Apart from young Casey of course as he's my bitch and I won't have a bad word said against him......

This is one of the nutters I alluded to above peeps. lol

Comment

This is one of the nutters I alluded to above peeps. lol
        I'm so bad at Forza. Some of you may remember this and this is not a made up story.

I went to join in on a mvg forza horizon 2 night a couple of years back and I thought I had successfully joined online. So, there I am following titan Taylor around for 15 maybe even 20 minutes. Anyway, I'm thinking after a while why is this daft bastard driving through fields and doing loads of other random shite.

It turned out I wasn't online and been following his bloody avatar. I even had a one on one race with him, giving him almighty abuse down the mic (finding it strange I was getting nothing back) and still lost, before finally realising I was a twat.

So trust me when I say I will be last, I will be last....

Comment

Just a light night then ?

Always with the clios.

Comment

Clio Cup can be changed, just a way for people to get a taste of what we have on offer.

Comment

Clio Cup can be changed, just a way for people to get a taste of what we have on offer.
              There are a couple more fun cars that don't need upgrades or tuning but can I remember which ones they are right now, can I fuck. I'll edit this post with the names once I've found them.

There is also the potential, if people want to, of adding a % handicap to the fastest guys so IF one or more persons keeps on winning, we can apply a handicap a bit like a weight handicap in Touring Cars. We'll see how it goes and consider this later.
              SEN: skyshadow5 - Xbox Live: skyshadow5 - Steam, Origin & Uplay: skyshadow5

Comment

That's a great idea mate.

Comment

That's a great idea mate.
                  I do have my moments, though they are few and far between

Comment

Originally posted by skyshadow5 View Post
                    There are a couple more fun cars that don't need upgrades or tuning but can I remember which ones they are right now, can I fuck. I'll edit this post with the names once I've found them.

There is also the potential, if people want to, of adding a % handicap to the fastest guys so IF one or more persons keeps on winning, we can apply a handicap a bit like a weight handicap in Touring Cars. We'll see how it goes and consider this later.
                    Tbis is what I used to do. We did use to do it by class - so start in E class. Whoever is last moves up one class. But some of the classes seemed way off so.
                    (I havent tried this with FM6 but used to do it in FM4).
                    In the lobby you can define groups. Group 1 is normal, group 2 is 10% handicap and so on.
                    Whoever is first across the line moves into the next group.
                    Rinse and repeat

We also used to keep the car the same - so whoever is first moves up a group, whoever is last picks the car. Doesnt matter what the class is really - which is why it seemed to work. It meant your not stuck in the same car/class all night.

We found the races end up pretty close (which is usually the most fun )

Comment

Agreed but we need numbers before we look at splitting groups again.. I just want to keep it fun at the beginning and grow it from there.

Comment

I'm not talking about slitting groups its all part of the event. (I mean obviously this doesnt work with 3 people.. But 4+ and it does.)

Basically First person to win in the last group is the winner. (IIRC you could have 4 groups in FM4)
                        It works bcause it doesnt matter how good or rubbish you are at racing you will be able to compete.. If I for example I the race was say sky, bear and myself - I would be doing time trial laps at the back (I would put money on that.). The groups balance it out.

Comment

Reminder peeps for some fun racing tonight.

Comment

Ill b on around 9-10

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pixelgamer View Post
                              Ill b on around 9-10

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                              Cool, see you then bud.

Comment

Working...
                              X