Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FarCry the Wild Expedition - Includes Far Cry 1 Remake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FarCry the Wild Expedition - Includes Far Cry 1 Remake!


    The Wild Expeditions pack releasing tomorrow was something I had my eye on as it had a remastered version of FarCry 1, not Predators the console remake but the full PC game and I've just found out they've released its as standalone DLC which saves me getting the set, woop.

    In case you've spent the last ten years under a rock, FarCry has been giving us some amazing gameplay for sometime. The very first game made some big waves at the time with its gorgeous visuals and a then uncommon open world setting with a freedom to explore.

    The DLC version is 8, and the collection 24ish online which is a bit of a bargain for the 4 TBH.

  • #2
    I already have 2, 3 and Blood Dragon so will be grabbing Far Cry HD via the PSN at some point

    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

    Comment


    • #3
      I loved FarCry3. I had 2 but never played it. I figured there's no way it could come close to how good 3 was.

      But if anyone hasn't played number 3 - do it! Some of the best SP gaming available.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Darthdave77, post: 216971
        I loved FarCry3. I had 2 but never played it. I figured there's no way it could come close to how good 3 was.

        But if anyone hasn't played number 3 - do it! Some of the best SP gaming available.
        Far Cry 3 is by far the best in the series but I would still highly recommend you go back and play 2 mate as it is so underrated. Sure, some of it's gameplay mechanics are a little broken, but for the most part the game works perfectly well. I need to go and play it on the PS3 now as I previously completed it on the Xbox 360 and want the trophies...because I am sad like that!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SystemShock2007, post: 216976
          Far Cry 3 is by far the best in the series but I would still highly recommend you go back and play 2 mate as it is so underrated. Sure, some of it's gameplay mechanics are a little broken, but for the most part the game works perfectly well. I need to go and play it on the PS3 now as I previously completed it on the Xbox 360 and want the trophies...because I am sad like that!!!
          Just to rub it in, I have the plat on Far Cry 3 :wink_smile:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Darthdave77, post: 216977
            Just to rub it in, I have the plat on Far Cry 3 :wink_smile:
            Tart!

            I wish I could be arsed to do the co-op because that is pretty much all I need to complete for the Plat!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SystemShock2007, post: 216978
              Tart!

              I wish I could be arsed to do the co-op because that is pretty much all I need to complete for the Plat!
              Co-op is shockingly bad. Drops the game a lot and the gameplay differs from the SP quite a bit, which is a shame. If they'd kept the game the same as the SP co-op would have had a lot more attention from me. Instead I dropped it as soon as I got my plat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Darthdave77, post: 216980
                Co-op is shockingly bad. Drops the game a lot and the gameplay differs from the SP quite a bit, which is a shame. If they'd kept the game the same as the SP co-op would have had a lot more attention from me. Instead I dropped it as soon as I got my plat.
                How long did it take to complete the co-op?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SystemShock2007, post: 216981
                  How long did it take to complete the co-op?
                  Got a feeling it was around the six hour mark - possibly longer due to the disconnections.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    FC2 was great but a Marmite game. Some loathed it but I fell in love. It is hard though. The snipers that spotted you from miles away and map design that channels you past guard posts were my biggest gripes. The jamming weapons and malaria were ok to deal with.

                    The atmosphere and vibe of being in the wilderness of Africa were unbeatable. Much preferred it to FC3's island setting.

                    Are there reviews out for the FC1 remake? Does it show its age gameplay wise?


                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X