What new upcoming games to purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new upcoming games to purchase

I have been considering getting the following but have decided against bar possibly one:

Fifa 18 - love this game but it does seem more of the same each year, will probably stick with 17.

Forza 7 - same as above really and I'm really bad at it but it's quite good for multiplayer. May pick up 16 on the cheap or stick with 15.

Cod ww2 - I was definitely going to get this but after playing the beta, albeit impressive, for me one cod is the same as another. I do enjoy the campaign tho. Probably give a miss and pick up much later for the campaign only.

F1 2017 - please refer to my comments on FIFA 18

Destiny 2 - I joined the party late with the first one. Like it but it was repetitive and to be honest I never really knew what I was supposed to do. The whole single player yet other people appearing in your game especially confused me. I didn't get what raids etc where. Whenever I joined a multiplayer co op type game it never seemed to end. That said I'm tempted to get this day one and do a little research in to what the fuck is going on. The only thing that puts me off is due to my lack of play time I will be miles behind again within a week.

I appreciate I am clearly the least gamer type on this site by some distance but what are other people's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in agreement with your thoughts above. I am getting Destiny but I've not pre ordered anything else. I didn't get a chance to play much COD today, got up to level 4. I was pretty rubbish, and prefer to play co-op or team based objectives. Was thinking about Star Wars Battlefront, particularly if it has a good single player. Other then that I can't think of much else. Think I'll just try to go back and finish some older games.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont really have a clue whats going on with fifa, but unless they are adding loads of new stuff that changes the game you could always wait till it hits the ea vault and keep playing the last one.
      Heard great things about f1 2017 and is apparently a great upgrade on the previous ones, plus with the new regulations etc i can see why picking that up makes more sense than fifa ( to me anyway ).
      Im thinking the same with forza 7, still have loads of stuff to do in f5 and f6 and not really been into racing games recently so might pass at the moment.
      Pre ordered COD ww2, even though im getting worse at it i know i will always end up buying it at some point, always love the campaigns and i think i will at least get my moneys worth out of the multiplayer now its stopped being all space jetpack rubbish.
      Cant wait for Destiny 2 but if you struggled with the first one i dont think much has changed with this one. Heard they have made it better for solo players though with new missions and a much better story and stuff but at the end of the day its just a big grind fest for gear. Think you need to put the time into it to get the most out and when it comes to raids and pvp stuff you will be at a disadvantage to most others who have put the time in.

Comment

What new upcoming games to purchase

I'm getting destiny and have picked up F1. Quite enjoyed it even though I have it on easy. First race I did run out of feud and second my engine blew

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler View Post
          I'm getting destiny and have picked up F1. Quite enjoyed it even though I have it on easy. First race I did run out of feud and second my engine blew

Great now after reading these comments I'm thinking of just getting F1 2017.

Played a bit of forza 6 again earlier as it is currently open to everyone. Quite enjoyed it but I think I'm an arcade racer at heart. It just feels like hard work, which for me is the complete opposite of what gaming should be.

Comment

Originally posted by casey View Post
            I am in agreement with your thoughts above. I am getting Destiny but I've not pre ordered anything else. I didn't get a chance to play much COD today, got up to level 4. I was pretty rubbish, and prefer to play co-op or team based objectives. Was thinking about Star Wars Battlefront, particularly if it has a good single player. Other then that I can't think of much else. Think I'll just try to go back and finish some older games.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
            I'm more of a co op man myself. I suppose call of duty has the zombies which is co op and I believe you can do the campaign co op as well so maybe it is an option. If I do get it it will be for those reasons and not the multiplayer

Comment

Ended up playing forza 6 for a second time last night.

Managed to find an s class car I really like. The forza gods were shining as What a difference it makes when you find a car you can keep on the track. Reminded me why I used to love the game many moons ago so ordered a second hand copy for £15 from game as is on offer. Also coincided with my poker winnings earlier in the day which was handy.

As for the rest going to gage public reaction as and when they come out. In regards to Destiny 2, on second thoughts, as was my main issue with elite dangerous, I just don't have the time to give it the attention it requires.

Comment

Originally posted by stonesroses View Post
                Great now after reading these comments I'm thinking of just getting F1 2017.

Played a bit of forza 6 again earlier as it is currently open to everyone. Quite enjoyed it but I think I'm an arcade racer at heart. It just feels like hard work, which for me is the complete opposite of what gaming should be.

It is more towards sim than arcade.

This will be the first year I don't get forza at launch, think they need to go to 18 month between games rather than the current 12.

Comment

I've already ordered FM7. Itll be the same old same old - but im ok with that. I will still play it. (Besides.. the Starion is back !)

Wasnt fussed about new COD for the same reason... and after playing the beta im thinking the same. There was nothing bad about the beta - but nothing that made me wanna play. (Actually I played a game of the remastered 4 the other day and online was as to be expected. Shoot people. Get hit markers and die. rinse and repeat. So I tried against a dozen bots. Was fun.. will go back to doin that !)

Fifa - dont do the foozball.

Destiny.. young homer might get it.. if not might rent it

Comment

Marvel vs Capcom Infinte for the PS4 and Total War: Warhammer II on the PC currently.

Comment

Just a cheeky update on this.

I decided to buy forza 7 in the end as I liked the demo and a lot of the things people are moaning about quite appeal to me, although not all.

With my first few games of FIFA 18 I was put off as I thought it was very slow. Having played a few hours of the trial I have soon come to realise that not only is it the best FIFA ever, it is the best game ever. I will be picking this up on payday for sure.

Finally I bought Injustice 2 on the PS4 Pro. Historically I don’t get in with beat em ups but I really enjoyed street fighter 4 recently. Along with that it looks amazing and has got some very good reviews. The Mrs is not around much over the weekend so will get stuck in to this then.

Im sure I will get the other 3 games mentioned but that will be when they come down in price. To be honest I shouldn’t have really bothered buying these three as there are plenty of decent games on the go right now.

Mind you I’m just glad to be enjoying gaming again. I was getting worried for a minute I might be growing up.....

Comment

Stardew Valley on the switch on Thursday

Comment

I cancelled Fifa 18 and CoD WWII after playing the respective demo and beta got the South Park Fractured But Whole, Assassins Creed Origins and Star Wars Battlefront 2 digitally pre ordered that is me done for 2017 apart from stuff that crops up in the sales

Born Red, Always Red Liverbird upon my chest Y.N.W.A.

Dead Rising 2 OTR, Batman Arkham City, Kinect Sports 2, Battlefield 3, Silent Hill Downpour, LOTR War In The North, MW3, Saint's Row: The 3rd, Catherine,

Comment

Iím gonna be honest, the games I want for the remaining of this year arenít a must buy, here is a list of games that are a maybe, 2017 for games have been poor

1. Shadow of War
                            2. Battlefront 2
                            3. Assassins Creed: Origins

I will be getting Detroit for PS4 when thatís released next year, I managed to h e a go at that when I was EGX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cod:WW2 - maybe
                              SW:Battlefront 2
                              Assassins Creed: Origins - maybe

I bet Assassins Creed: Origins will look amazing in 4K & HDR
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X