Silent Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill

With the cancellation of Silent Hills back in 2015. Do you think it will ever be completed? Or any Silent Hill game for that matter. Konami haven't done the franchise justice since Silent Hill 3 in my opinion. The first Silent Hill was a masterclass. A real sense of dread, whilst you walked through the foggy streets. It was way way more scarier than Resident Evil for me. I'd love to go back to that. And the glimpse of Silent Hills through PT on the PS4 was a little brief glimpse into that. It is criminal how a game with such potential didn't come to fruition. Especially releasing absolute bile since, namely Metal Gear Survive. Konami in my opinion are sitting on a gold mine with Silent Hill and they don't realise it.

/*:What's everyone elses thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by sparkykay; 09-09-18, 17:46.

it probably wasn't to far into development so the money they lost wasn't that great. the company seems more interested in making fruit machines now.

they could make untold amounts of money from HD collections of their older classics. i would love to play Axelay again...
    “The thinker knows...”

Comment

I would love to see another Silent Hill game, like you, I feel this is a goldmine for them if done right. Just goes to show the lack of foresight some software houses have these days.

Comment

I liked the 360 one they did. Downpour IIRC. Very atmospheric.

Comment

i really liked downpour too,. Would really like to see something similar to what they did with resi 7 as i loved that game and gave it fresh legs, even just update the originals similar to the new resi evil 1 and 2 would be a start as im sure plenty would enjoy it. Its a bit strange nothing has been announced specially as the film franchise did well from what i gather, only seen the first but one of the very few non crap video game film tie ins , granted thats belped by not being made by uwe boll!

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE
            as the film franchise did well from what i gather, only seen the first but one of the very few non crap video game film tie ins , granted thats belped by not being made by uwe boll!
            The first film was good. Not seen it for a few years. There has been a second film, I haven't seen it but apparently it wasn't so good. I'll still give it a watch though if it comes on Sky or Netflix.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

was there only two? for some reason i thought it was similar to the resident evil films with a few. I swear it was on either netflix or amazon at some point but saying that they seem to have delete a shed load of stuff since i was last on.

Comment

[sorry if this is wildly off-topic]

i'm a massive fan of Christophe Gans [the director of Silent Hill] i think he did a very good job making a genuinely creepy film.
                two other movies from him which are well worth a watch are 'Brotherhood of the Wolf' [2001] and the live action 'Crying Freeman' [1995]

trailers for both:

oh, and the second film 'Silent Hill Revelation' is poor
                Last edited by u1traviolet; 11-09-18, 12:26.
                “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Originally posted by u1traviolet View Post
                  [sorry if this is wildly off-topic]

i'm a massive fan of Christophe Gans [the director of Silent Hill] i think he did a very good job making a genuinely creepy film.
                  two other movies from him which are well worth a watch are 'Brotherhood of the Wolf' [2001] and the live action 'Crying Freeman' [1995]

trailers for both:

oh, and the second film 'Silent Hill Revelation' is poor
                  not seen crying freeman for years! love brotherhood of the wolf, specially as it was a huge influence on bloodborne, that threaded cane is such an awesome weapon! Might steer clear of the silent hill film though, such a shame as it seems there could be much more to explore and expand upon in the silent hill universe.
                  Last edited by OliXSE; 11-09-18, 15:25.

Comment

Never watched them, will certainly check them out..

Comment

I would love to see a return of this game..

Comment

Working...
                      X