X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 5

NPuj6P0.png

What are we thinking about this news?

Apparently 100% backwards compatible with all previous Playstation consoles.

More here https://www.gamespot.com/amp-article.../1100-6466281/
    Attached Files

Be interesting to see if it actually plays ps1, 2 and 3 games. And more importantly - doesnt mean buying them again !
    Im slightly less interested in either this or new xb since I started playing on my PC more. but if it does play the 1,2 and 3 games w/o further expense it would be more interesting.

Would sorta make sense - because it would be a big sort of "return fire" type move from sony - MS deffo have the upper hand in the BC stakes in the old "my dad is bigger than your dad" console debate.

Comment

spooky voiced Mark Cerny has only talked about PS4 backwards compatibly for PS5 as far as i'm aware of.

moving forward this is what would make the most sense with a 'soft launch' of a new console and plus Microsoft has said that all games which are BC now will be playable on future systems.

be very interesting to see what GT7 looks like on the new hardware. but, they would have to do something pretty bloody amazing for me to get one day one, plus i'm not a fan of their refund policy
      “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Yeah - refund policy sucks. the MS one is better I think.. I mean theres scope for refund.. Steam and Epic ones work well and both MS and sony should follow this if the are serious about convincing people to buy digital. Well that and fair prices.. not 5-10 about what physical copies are

Comment

quite often the retail version on release day is cheaper then in the digital stores, plus, you have to wait until games go down in price on the store fronts and its only for a limited amount of time. just having a look on base.com at older games and they are all reasonable prices
          “The thinker knows...”

Comment

I dont even recall the last time I saw something even the same price let alone cheaper digital.
            Time they appear reduced as digital the physical has dropped too. Real old games that are super cheap at retail are often still full price too.

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
              I dont even recall the last time I saw something even the same price let alone cheaper digital.
              Time they appear reduced as digital the physical has dropped too. Real old games that are super cheap at retail are often still full price too.
              yeah i know what you mean:

Rage 2 (PS4): physical 39.85 digital 49.99

“The thinker knows...”

Comment

Originally posted by u1traviolet View Post

yeah i know what you mean:

Rage 2 (PS4): physical �39.85 digital �49.99
                This digital pricing is a bit of a disaster really, anyone know why this is?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Playstation Forum Moderator

Comment

I *heard* it was down to "them" not wanting to upset retail by undercutting.
                  Along the lines of if they undercut on software retailers would start refusing to sell the hardware.

Comment

Working...
                  X