This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading PS4 clips to YouTube.

I did some research about uploading my clips to YouTube. Here is what I found, why oh why they don't allow direct access to YouTube is beyond me but I hear that feature is coming but in the meantime.

1) Upload to Facebook

In order to publish the clip to YouTube later, you’ll need to upload the video to Facebook first. If you haven’t linked your PS4 to Facebook, follow these steps to do that. Once you’re done, trim your video and select upload. You’ll be able to return to your game while the console deals with this in the background.

2) Find your video’s URL

Once your video’s uploaded, visit your Facebook profile on a computer or laptop. You should be able to find the clip on your profile’s timeline. Directly beneath your username, you should see a hyperlink outlining when the media was uploaded. Click on this to bring up the video’s own page. Beneath the movie player, to right hand side of any comments, you should see a list of options. Click the one labelled ‘Get Link’. This will bring up a URL, which you must add to your clipboard.

3) Download your clip

Visit SaveFrom.net on your computer and paste the URL that you just copied from Facebook into the input box. Click the ‘Download’ button and you should see a preview of your video. You can opt to download in HD (high definition) or SD (standard definition). Note that the latter will result in a smaller file, but the quality will be significantly reduced. Right click on your preferred option and select ‘Save As’. Select a directory on your computer, and begin to download the clip.

4) Upload to YouTube

Once the file has downloaded to your computer, you can then upload it to YouTube. Simply visit the video sharing website with your web browser, and select the ‘Upload’ button. Follow the steps, ensuring to select the correct file to re-upload. It will take a few moments to upload the file depending on your connection speed, but once you’ve completed the transfer, your video will be available for the world to see.

That's how I do it:thumbs_up:

Comment

As a non user of FB I really hope they sort this issue out. Or atleast patch in the use of a PVR so I can hook mine up via HDMI and record my gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedeck, post: 213996
        As a non user of FB I really hope they sort this issue out.
        Same here altho I may just set an account up for PS4 uploads

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedeck, post: 213996
          As a non user of FB I really hope they sort this issue out. Or atleast patch in the use of a PVR so I can hook mine up via HDMI and record my gameplay.
          They have said they are trying to offer Youtube direct in a future firmware upgrade

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

I like prezzy's idea, going to create a new faceache account just for PS4 uploads.
            SEN: skyshadow5 - Xbox Live: skyshadow5 - Steam, Origin & Uplay: skyshadow5

Comment

Originally posted by MVG skyshadow5, post: 214044
              I like prezzy's idea, going to create a new faceache account just for PS4 uploads.
              Just set one up - Prezzy Psuploads

Comment

have stickied this to bump it up for anyone who might need the info

Comment

Can't use photobucket, or anything like that?

Comment

Don't think so mate, not yet anyway

Comment

Ok. Cheers Ewan. Think I'll wait till they can have the YouTube app thing on the PS4 then.

Comment

It's easy to do lad

Comment

Hopefully sony will try "keep up with the jones" ... Since the xb1 is getting twitch stream support perhaps sony will sort out uploading saved videos to somewhere.. somehow !

Comment

Sony already have twitch and ustream support so they are well and truly keeping up with the Jones' :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Youtube uploads should be coming soon http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ng-ps4-autumn/, HDMI PVR support has been available for a while now and twitch streaming has been there since day one. But for now, the method Zapiy outlined is the only "youtube upload method" available.

Comment

Working...
                              X