Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mans Sky

[MEDIA=youtube]nmwG6Sj1Yfg[/MEDIA]

I have forgotten if we actually have a thread on no mans sky so going to do another one. Everything about this game looks intriguing, interesting, exciting, different, and a total break from the norm in terms actual game play. Prehaps I skipped the hype train and moved straight on to the effing plane but no matter what your thoughts are on the media hype S**t we are currently seeing this looks damn impressive.

I recently read an article on the ill fated, and by all accounts down Right expensive, game star citizen.

http://www.reaxxion.com/10195/why-st...medium=twitter

Now if you8 have 20 minutes - an hour give this bugger a read, some of the similarities to no mans sky are uncanny except for the fact it was not crowd funded but was developed by an unknown with Sony's help. Now dont get me wrong the guy doing the piece does clearly say this is an opinion piece but then goes on to say he did it before, better but that the current incarnation of the game can not phiscally be done with current technology.

This leads me to ask the question "can no mans sky actually be what they say it is?". Will all of the planets they say you can visit really just be rehashes of the first one one only with a few different colors and skins? Will the fighting machanic be the worst one we have seen since Haze? (yeah I went there) Or worst of all will it just be a dull and lifeless version of so many other games on the PC which are much better? We will see. Any on else with these thoughts?

Not impressed by the graphics and from waht I saw in the video, I don't get it; what exactly are you supposed to be doing? In that clip the guy lands on a planet on an already constructed "spaceship dock", gets out, walks around, gets back in and buggers back off into space. Is that it?
    SEN: skyshadow5 - Xbox Live: skyshadow5 - Steam, Origin & Uplay: skyshadow5

Comment

There is an IGN video which is about 18 minutes long which gives you it in more detail about the discovery, currency thing and also the combat but a very good point made there though. Without a real story line will we be finding our selves after about 20 hours saying what is the point? My point about the hype train really.

Comment

we all need to keep in touch with what we personally feel is 'good gaming' but also enbrase new things as well, but, i feel this might be going down the 'emperors new clothes' route

Comment

From what i've seen and read about no mans sky, it's going to be a game of exploration with some sort of narrative in there somewhere. To be able to go further and further into space you need to upgrade your ship. If you kill or destroy things on planets you are attacked by drones.

Think of this as "minecraft in space". it's up to you how and where and what you do, and so far i beleive the joy of the game is exploring the quote "infinate worlds"

It could be the eptimoy of a game where you just sit down and loose yourself in it, for no other reason than to loose yourself.

Comment

Anybody planning on picking this up?

Comment

was a yes but switched to no. had a read of some of the review in progress being put up, and while it doesnt sound bad it really doesnt sound like something i want to play.
              XB1 GT FartyMcBumTrump

Comment

Originally posted by pappasmurf22 View Post
                was a yes but switched to no. had a read of some of the review in progress being put up, and while it doesnt sound bad it really doesnt sound like something i want to play.
                Yeah I read the IGN 'in progress' review and the first days play didn't sound too good. However, I love the art style of it and I've got money in my steam account after a refund so I might pick it up on PC.

Comment

A few in the office have been raving about this - but a lot seems to be down to hype. Also - there was a review emabargo that was only lifted today so Im going to hang back for sure. (Which is quite restrained for me)
                  I do like what has now been pigeonholed as the "walking simulator" genre though. That said whilst I loved rapture I didnt rate gone home so... deffo one to wait for me.
                  Im fancying arift too tho - but will try and hold back on that too.. I have plenty to play for now

(And also - FH3 is out soon...)

Comment

Ive got it on my rental list and will see what its like then pick it up after if i like it ( hoping there are a few second hand copies by then ) , sounds great but been avoiding the streams and videos incase it ruins any surprises. Would have bought it at release but have become addicted to Ark.

Comment

I must have missed the point on this one as I think it looks like a load of rubbish :-/

Matt
                      Click the sig to add me to your friends list!

Comment

in a game about mining, if you mine to much sentinels come out and kill you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by FlukeyHeadshot View Post
                          I must have missed the point on this one as I think it looks like a load of rubbish :-/

Matt
                          Been watching a few streams and am kind of coming round to your point of view mate, there just doesnt seem to be anything in there apart from resource collection to enable yet more collecting. Think it will be a struggle to get through after you have visited a few planets and named various species 'cock'n'bollox' as the novelty wears off, with games like minecraft, ark and other kind of similar games at least i can build stuff like a big fancy mansion that i can continue to build on but there doesnt appear to be anything like that here, unless anyone who has played it can tell me? I know you can buy ships and upgrade your tool thing but im guessing the ships are pre built, would love to have been able to build my own spaceship and station, would make it a more personal journey for me anyway. One good thing judging on reviews and reactions there will be quite a few second hand copies doing the rounds soon

Comment

I brought this and gotta say it's too repetitive. Mining to sell stuff to buy warp drive fuel to fly to a planet that looks like the last but different colour.

My artwork page - www.facebook.com/DD13Art

Comment

anyone read about the bug for pre order bonus. you get a ship thats already warp capable meaning you miss the tutorial on how to build the warp drive. then when you get round to buying a better ship you have no warp drive and no way to build one so are stuck.
                              XB1 GT FartyMcBumTrump

Comment

Working...
                              X