Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do these games from Japan work on uk machines?

You're so ugly, even a sniper wouldn't take you out
    Twitter: @sniperste77

Comment

Originally posted by sniperste77 View Post
      Do these games from Japan work on uk machines?
      I've not had a problem with any of them mate, so as far as i'm aware yes they will all work fine.

The only thing you have to be aware of is some of them only have english subtitles. Onechanbara is in english/japanese. Most the others are subtltes.

Comment

There is a pattern. Japan has a warped view on making some games lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MVG zapiy View Post
          There is a pattern. Japan has a warped view on making some games lol.
          LOL yes... " bat shit crazy " pretty much covers 99% of them! LOL That's why i love them though. You don't get that with the western games. As Russel Crowe says in the film Gladiator, " are you not entertained " ?!?!?

If people can get into the fighting games, like Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, or Warriors Occhi series, then there is shed loads of games to enjoy.

Speaking of which, picked up another PS only game, but this is an old one for the PS3. Got it though as i watched the DVD series and loved it and looking forward to playing this now.

Ok here's my tip into how to enjoy these games.

It's very easy to dismiss these sort of games as button mashers and to be honest that's what i thought about them for a long time. Samuari Warriors 4 changed all that though.

The reason is, yes it's button mashing in the main, but there are shed loads of combos, and it's very cathartic and exciting to slay down hoards of enemies in fantastic stylish ways. SW4 had about 40 characters, and each of them had multiple moves to try out and have fun with.

Add to this there are awsome stories in here as well. SW4 was fastinating to play for the story alone. I played the whole game on easy and it was a breeze to get through, but most of that was because i wanted to get through the story. It took me 36 hours to play the story on easy and LOVED it all the way through. Betrayal, family fueds, love, scandal, it has it all. The warring era of Japan was and is a fasintating period. I even learnt stuff as i played the game about it all.

The visuals, are not of the highest graphical standard, but the artwork is always phenominal, colorful, and exciting, again something you just don't get with western themed drab looking games.

The way i look at it is, western markets play to the FPS shooter genre most. If your happpy to shoot the same looking people in the same boring fashion, why not be entertained in doing the same sort of thing but with melee weapons in these japanese fighting games ? The fighting games are to the Japanese market what the FPS shooters are to the west. They are all quality gaming expeirences and where the Japanese developers pour most of their time and efforts as it's such a competitive market for them.

MY only critiszm of SW4 was there was no end of level boss fights, but Senguo Basara has them. I need to check Dynasty Warriors and Ochi Warriors to see how they work.

In short, the japanese market is full of fantasticly vibrant, exciting games, that deserve a try if nothing else.

PS i'm ALWAYS looking for a co-op buddy with these games so give me a shout.

Comment

You make some valid points there fella.. Not sure i will like these games but i am going to grab one.. An experiment of sorts.. Once payday is here i shall scroll this thread and order the one i like the look of the most and go from there.

Comment

You make some valid points there fella.. Not sure i will like these games but i am going to grab one.. An experiment of sorts.. Once payday is here i shall scroll this thread and order the one i like the look of the most and go from there.
              If you want to try before you buy Zaps I have one piece pirate warriors you can lend on the PS3.

​Outnumbered never outgunned

Comment

If you want to start someone, i started with Samurai Warriors 4 Anime pack. I got mine for 30 but it's back up to 48 now on Amazon

The game by itself is 20.50, here's the link
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The reason i looked for the Animie pack first was because the DVD that comes with it, really helped make the game story interesting, but it's not essential to enjoy the game, just enhances the whole experience.

Oh and i see Warriors Ochi is 20 so going to bag that and try that as well

Comment

Like zapiy im really not sure these are my cup of tea but managed to find a few on boomerang ( one piece and samurai warriors 4 so far ) and put them on top of my rental list to give them a go any others you can recommend for someone new to these things mate? havent watched anime for years either since stuff like wicked city, urotsukidoji and bubblegum crisis so havent really got a clue about anything

Comment

To be honest OliXSE, i'm new to these games too. ( about a year )

You know roughly what your going to get with the fighting games, so just pick a series ( Samauri Warrirors, Ochi Warriors, Dynasty Warriors ) keep an open mind, and just go for it. It's only 20 at the end of the day. Thats pretty much what i did with SW4.

Just expect a LOT of things going on on the screen at once and enjoy. Hang on a minute i have some gameplay of mine. There is a embargo on the music of these games so the video is silent but you can see my gameplay.

here we go, this is me playing.

Re manga films, again i'm new to them too. Only one i know of that's any good is DeadSpace Got them all.

Comment

Thanks for the video mate,helpful to see actual gameplay does look quite interesting. Think the only games i have played which might be a little bit like this are the more well known ones like vanquish, bayonetta and shadow of the damned but really enjoyed them.

Comment

I've played all of the above and they play really well like the one above i've shown you.

Oh here's a little treat i've just found. It says that the Samurai Warriors series have sold 6 MILLION copies! Compare that to other series like Uncharted at around 16 million and you see these Jap games are pretty big news in Japan.

Comment

AWSOME! 2 new titles for the PS4. One is a remaster of what i think is the best Vita game i've played to date and certainly a Unique experience. Finsihed it this week
                          Gravity Rush is getting a PS4 makeover for Gravity Daze!

Comment

Then we're getting Gravity Rush 2 in 2016. Awsome news

Comment

Working...
                            X