PS+ price hike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS+ price hike

Hi all, as you've probably all received the email of price hikes on PS+. what do you think of the extra 10 annual cost.

From 39.99 at present to 49.99 a year, or from 15 to 20 quarterly, or from 6 to 7 a month.

My personal take is its a joke, the free offerings on PS+ have been dreadful if you don't like arcade games, ahe AAA titles on free offering have been few and far between.

The online servers are always going offline, when you are in online games the chat is silent, the exclusive titles haven't lived upto expectation.

Am I being harsh, or do any of you also agree the price hike for service received isn't justified.

Just posted the same thread mate ( will delete mine ) , its crazy they think they can just bung a 25% price hike on it without at least saying they will make it worth the cost. I mostly play xbox and have been struggling to justify spending the 40 on ps plus but now i they can shove it. Not really played much mulitplayer on ps but heard from friends its not as stable as xbox ( not trying to start a console war or anything btw ) seems to be quite a lot of downtime and maintenance. Its coming just in time for Destiny 2 and COD aswell

Comment

I find the price hike fine. I feel the price had been pretty cheap. This will add 83p a month extra, so it looks like a lot all in one go but over the year it's actually really cheap.

If you think this is expensive for a year, I don't ever expect you'd subscribe to World of Warcraft for a year .

Comment

Surely whether or not the games are good depends on the user - one mans ceiling is another mans floor and all that.
        And the games are a bonus anyway aren't they ? I mean M$ used to charge 40 a year for online and NO games.

My main irritation with the + games is that i've had most of the recent ones. If I was able to exercise restraint I would get much better value for money

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
          And the games are a bonus anyway aren't they ? I mean M$ used to charge 40 a year for online and NO games.
          Well that depends on who you talk to. I was an early adopter for Plus and I found the value great. I was paying based on the games that was being given away. I also feel that's why quality had a dip. Before the PS4, I paid for the games so to make people pay, they need to give people good games. But now it's the case of if you want to play online, you have to pay anyway and the games are just an added bonus.

Comment

I think there should be 3 levels of a yearly subscription.
            1-free but no online service apart from messaging and store access
            2-25 online access,party chat,online storage all level 1
            3-50 all level 1&2 free monthly games

I'm ok with the 10 price hike but I rarely play the free games as I've either got the main AAA titles or just not instrested in them.

My artwork page - www.facebook.com/DD13Art

Comment

Going to add a year before the price goes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just grabbed another year also - 32.99 on cd keys

Comment

Its a joke but there is other avenues to get it cheaper as you can see above.

Comment

You really think its that bad ? $ky is like 30 a month these days. Sure theres a bazliion channels but most of them are pish. Xbox is "officially" 40 right ? Thats probly due a price hike soon too.

Reckon they might start replacing one of the PS3 games with a PS4 one soon tho - they have to winding that down now - I know theres still 70 million of them but even so...

Comment

The problem is that people tend to pay the whole amount in one go, which makes a dent in the wallet. If they charged monthly (based on the 40/50 annual charge, as opposed to the inflated monthly charge currently in place) I think most people wouldn't bat an eyelid and both companies would get an even better take up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would gladly pay per month if it wasnt stupidly more expensive than shelling out for a year, seems to be the same with all subscriptions though.
                        Im still puzzled as to why sony doesnt understand how exchange rates work, $10 does not equal 10 so why on earth are we getting charged the same figure as america? Works out around $69 per year given the rate at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE View Post
                          Would gladly pay per month if it wasnt stupidly more expensive than shelling out for a year, seems to be the same with all subscriptions though.
                          Im still puzzled as to why sony doesnt understand how exchange rates work, $10 does not equal 10 so why on earth are we getting charged the same figure as america? Works out around $69 per year given the rate at the moment.
                          The Dollar->Pound conversion seems to convert in all places though.. movies, games, hardware... not always but mostly

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE View Post
                            Remember we have VAT on that but they have tax applies afterwards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What we getting for the extra cost though.?

I didn't ever mind paying for xbl because it kinda transformed gaming giving us good stable online lobbies and chat with party chat etc.

I find even the loading of ps store to be stupidly slow, I just can't get my head around a price hike, if there service was as good as xbl then maybe I could understand. This isn't a fanboy view either, I don't really play PS4 online so tbh they are probably going to lose my subscription, however if they kept the price I would of renewed, silly I know but I aint throwing 10 away for the same service.

Comment

Working...
                              X