No announcement yet.

PS+ price hike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you get from your sky that you didn't the year before that went up in price ? (or your car/house insurance etc). Its a paid service. They go up.

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
      What do you get from your sky that you didn't the year before that went up in price ? (or your car/house insurance etc). Its a paid service. They go up.
      I always phone up and haggle, actually get my VM packages down from the 70 mark to around about the 37ish mark. Same with insurance renewals, cheaper online quotes get matched, same with mobile phone plans actually.

When they go for price rises they always give the reasons behind the price rises, ie to make services better, or offer more services or faster lines etc.

Again, what are PS+ giving as reason for a (25%) 10 price rise.? No reason was given, though when pushed on the subject a Sony rep stated "We are changing the pricing to reflect various market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members."

Comment

Well you cant phone sony and haggle (well you could but I don't expect it would help) but you an buy a subscription elsewhere - cheaper than the official price. (Can do with with both PS an XB).

I don't recall sky, any of the fuel companies or my insurance company ever telling me why my service cost has gone up. With the latter 2 you can shop around - but you cant really do that with sky as such - and you certainly cant do it with the BBC. with sky you can tell them to get stuffed (which is what I ended up doing). Cant do that with the BBC license fee though - and you need that to watch sky too.

You cant really do this with xbox or ps4 (im sure its only a matter of time before the gold price goes up). You could jump jump over to PC - steam don't charge but they also don't provide all the services that sony and ms do on the consoles.

One price rise in 10 years - doesnt seem so bad IMHO.

Comment

Each to there own tbh mate, I personally don't use PS+ to game online and rarely bother with the monthly so called freebies. Like I say the price rise is just that, nothing other than a hike, and while I like to have PS+ incase they do give a good game or I fancy playing online, they have just lost my subscription.

Comment

Fair enough. (The freebies are what you used to actually be paying for with plus - i believe ps3 is still free online).

Comment

Working...
            X