This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Access program

Today, EA revealed EA Access. This brand new program exclusively for Xbox One owners will give members access to:

The Vault: A Selection of EA games on Xbox One ready to download and play as part of your EA Access membership. At launch, you’ll have access to FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Battlefield 4 and Peggle 2. More games will be added over time.

Play First: EA Access members will get to experience trials of new EA games early on Xbox One. Starting 5 days before release, you’ll be able to try the game for at least two hours and then save your progress. Once you purchase the digital or physical copy, you can use your save game and continue the experience.

PLUS: All EA Access members will save 10% on EA purchases from Xbox Live. From full digital games to downloadable content, you get 10% off with your EA Access membership. .

More details are in EA’s blog post.

Also, you can follow the program on Twitter and Facebook

Very interesting development. Not gonna subscribe at the moment but worth keeping an eye on as other games get added.

Comment

same here mate, i have most of the EA games at the moment but i will definitely consider signing up when they add more titles, still wont be buying things from the xbox store though, even with that extra 10% off it will probably still be about £20 more expensive than elsewhere!

Comment

Just logged into live and had a message saying i can download the EA Access Hub as im a preview member. Only BF4, Fifa 14, Madden 25 and Peggle 2 are in the 'vault' right now but you can also get 10% off BF4 battlepacks and dlc, PVZ garden warfare game and coins and UFC game and dlc.

Comment

It appears that Sony turned EA Access down as not reflecting good value for PS players.
          I can only think two things:
          1) They don't want competition for PS Now
          2) It would mean EA games not coming to ps+

Obviously games in The Vault aren't gonna make it to GWG but they may still go on ps+ 'cos EA ain't gonna turn money down.

Whilst I'm interested in EA Access I'm definitely gonna play a waiting game with it and see how it pans out.

Comment

I don't trust EA as far as I can pi55 into a headwind. My fear is that slowly they will hide more things behind this paywall.
            How long before online play is only accessible through EA access and access members get DLC a week early with exclusive weapons /cars etc.
            So pay £35 for ps+ or live and then have to pay £30 more to play EA games online.
            If anyone thinks they dropped online passes for the good of the customers they need to give their head a wobble. This is a company that tries to charge £69.99 to build a rollercoaster in theme park mobile edition.

Comment

I was more than a little unsure about it to begin with, i was thinking the same about timed/exclusive DLC and that would be a step back towards the old online pass shambles but now i have had time to think im leaning more towards it now. I can get about £15-£20 for my copy of battlefield 4 which is the same as a year subscription on here plus i would be able to play others too, granted madden isnt for me but im sure there will be more in a few months. The only thing im seeing as a big negative is DLC, would people want to shell out for DLC on a game they technically dont own? Overall though i think its quite a good idea aslong as its handled right and there are no extra hidden costs, limitations etc ,and im sure other big publishers might do something similar, plus only £20 a year isnt too expensive.

Comment

@BossKeloid666 £20 a year? I thought I read somewhere that it would be £3.99 a month, so £47.88 for the year? Of course I could have just misread.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedeck, post: 233201, member: 1396
                  @BossKeloid666 £20 a year? I thought I read somewhere that it would be £3.99 a month, so £47.88 for the year? Of course I could have just misread.
                  I read that somewhere too i think ( metro online maybe? ) but just popped on the app and the purchase options are £3.99 for one month or £19.99 for 12 months. I guess its similar to the costs of xbox live.

Comment

Originally posted by BossKeloid666, post: 233202, member: 2320
                    I read that somewhere too i think ( metro online maybe? ) but just popped on the app and the purchase options are £3.99 for one month or £19.99 for 12 months. I guess its similar to the costs of xbox live.
                    If they are giving only a month for £3.99, I find it strange you can purchase a full 12 months for less then half price it would cost to pay monthly? Not sure how Xbox do things anymore, since I didn't renew my 360 sub. But it sounds little strange.

Comment

With xbox i was paying £5 or £7 ( cant remember the monthly amount but it was around there ) a month for a fair few years before i actually realised i could pick up a 12month code for £25-30, dont know if its similar on playstation with ps+ or their equivalent.
                      I just subscribed for £20 so it works, currently installing madden and peggle 2, will see how poor i am at madden, cant play fifa so it should be fun!

Comment

Don't have bf4 or madden so £20 for these as a starter don't sound bad

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERGILLY, post: 233205, member: 1003
                          Don't have bf4 or madden so £20 for these as a starter don't sound bad
                          Yeah i cant argue with 3 full games and peggle 2 for £20 and hopefully more soon, im also liking the early trials of new games before they come out and getting to keep your save game even if you purchase a proper ( and cheaper! ) physical copy. I did read that EA were going for a 'netflix for games' which sounds pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn__Hybrid__, post: 233199, member: 1353
                            I don't trust EA as far as I can pi55 into a headwind. My fear is that slowly they will hide more things behind this paywall.
                            I'm strongly with Reborn on this, Even if this was on PS, I'd still not take it. No way I'm paying for extra subscriptions to play games when I've already paid the PS+ sub. If EA want to charge, what happens when Ubisoft follow suit, or Rockstar!?
                            I bought BF4, bought premium because I'm a big fan of the game, not EA, and I subscribe to PS+, I'm on the fence for PSNow as well, although I'd love to play some older PS 1 and 2 titles again. Call me a grumpy sh!te, but can't help feeling a bit peeved that last year, it was EA-broken game, EA-microtransaction, EA-rip off, and this year again, it's EA-want your money, and it seems to be acceptable.
                            I'll put my hand up and say, yep, one of my fave games is an EA release, but this carry on of milking the gamers is a sham.

Playstation Forum Moderator

Comment

cant disagree with you on those points at all sir, cant say i like EA as a company but to me this seems like a decent deal and aslong as they dont spring any suprises and i still feel im getting my moneys worth i will probably stick with it until i feel otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X