This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Here it is the short video that explains Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility on the Xbox One. This has yet to be published on You Tube.

[MEDIA=youtube]lPQuDyWULNU[/MEDIA]

Does this mean that original XB games will be playable too? Since 360 had capacity to play them (if not all)

Playstation Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Ade_76, post: 253227, member: 2200
      Does this mean that original XB games will be playable too? Since 360 had capacity to play them (if not all)
      I have no idea mate, we will just have to see what happens with any future announcements

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Ade_76, post: 253227, member: 2200
        No its just Xbox 360 games and the list is limited, they will only be 100 games when it launches to everyone

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The offical line is games need to be 'approved' by the 'owner' (I presume this will be the publisher) before they are listed on there.
          Which is handy of course because it means for example Gears wont just magically work - meaning the remake will still sell.
          </cynic mode off>

Comment

i bet the call of duty series will work as well

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone, post: 253269, member: 1804
              The offical line is games need to be 'approved' by the 'owner' (I presume this will be the publisher) before they are listed on there.
              Which is handy of course because it means for example Gears wont just magically work - meaning the remake will still sell.
              </cynic mode off>
              Who's gonna say no? There is a chance more could sell again

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone, post: 253269, member: 1804
                </cynic mode off>
                You mean like when the remastered (note not HD just remastered) version of GTA San Andreas appeared on 360 the cheaper Xbox Originals version mysteriously dissapeared - you can still download it by viewing 'order history' on xbox.com but there's no mention of that on the remastered pages.

They need to concentrate on digital only games - Arcade and Indie - rather than disc based (or their on demand equivalents) 360 stuff.

Comment

Given my recent feedback on PS Now and how that doesnt care if you previously bought the game or not, I thought this was a brilliant move. I've got a ton of digital games on 360 so it would be great to play them again. I'm really hoping they can get the following approved...

Gears of War (all of them)
                  Metal Gear Solid (All of them)
                  Marvel Vs Capcom
                  Zone of the Enders
                  Borderlands 2 (Just so I dont have to buy it again)

Anything else is a nice bonus, I added 8 games to my collection yesterday just off the first wave.

Comment

Has anyone tried it with a disk based game? After you install do you still need to put the disk in?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

No ive tried with digital and it works amazingly well. Better than most emulators ive used and better than the bc from x360 to original xbox.

The blades work and are lightning fast. Not tried multiplayer yet so if anyone wants to try.....tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler, post: 253380, member: 2618
                        Has anyone tried it with a disk based game? After you install do you still need to put the disk in?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
                        I installed Mass Effect game from disk on to my Xbox One and yes if the game is disk based you still need to inserted the disk to play it.

Comment

I also installed Mass Effect last night. Be aware that it takes quite some time.. nearly 3 hours from first putting the disc in to pressing play.
                          Works great though :-)

Comment

Thought this was only available for preview members until December?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwearingAxis, post: 253541, member: 169
                              Thought this was only available for preview members until December?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              It's supposed to be

Comment

Working...
                              X