Xbox Project Scorpio - Your thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Project Scorpio - Your thoughts

Right couldnt see a thread already so here it is. Keen to know what everyones thoughts on Xbox's Project Scorpio are following the unveil of specs the past week?

Im pretty hyped but tempered until I see some decent selection of games beyond what we already know i.e Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and sea of thieves.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Strangely I see it more as an upgrade for people who already have a catalog of games for the one and have a 4K TV rather than something that will temp PS4 owners. Will be tempted but not for at least a year as bought too much recently. I'm going to guess at 450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have a 4k TV - and infact I use a projector for almost all of my gaming. A 4k projector is still crazy money so I certainly wont be rushing out to get one (a new xbox) any time soon.

Im still not convinced its going to able to render true 4k @ 60FPS but we shall see.

Im also curious how its going to work with say Forza 7. If they use the shiny new power of the hardware to do stuff (that some might say Forza should do already) like dynamic weather, time of day etc then does that mean scorpio users wont be able to play online against regualr XB 1 users ? Cos thats going to upset people im sure (and divide the user base !!)

Comment

The selection of games for the Scorpio is the same as the XBox One and every game I have that system runs floorlessly already so I'm in no real rush to get one, but, the DVR upgrade is one thing I would realy love, and that the onboard streaming apps might be a lot better than the current Twitch and Beam ones is a huge grab for me. (Or I could just get a capture card for my pc)

also so plus as this is just a upgrade to the Xbox as the Pro is to the PS4 I have to think about the time span which this (and the Pro) are going to be relavent.

i might not seem excited about the Scorpio but I am. and seeing Forza 6 running on something like the specs of the system did make me sit up and take notice. But buying a system for one game, i just justify. I mean it would be like buying a Switch just for a new zelda

Comment

Xbox Scorpio Tech revealed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-revealed

Comment

Do I need one? No
            Will I get one at launch? Yes

Hope it is more reliable than my xone s....

Comment

Dont you wanna see the price first ? (we have a sweep going at work on price )

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
                If it's higher than 499.99 I'd be very surprised.

Comment

But hey are making a big deal of it being a "Premium console". Based on the specs equivalent PC hardware for the CPU + GPU alone would be around 500. Obviously that's consumer prices and they wont be paying that (not least because it doesnt actually have those consumer items in - but even so).
                  You might well be right get too carried away and put people off -but there's some expensive hardware in there and people pay way more than that buildng PC gaming systems so theres obviously a market for it (Altough a significant % of people will no doubt be "PC Snobs" who wouldnt touch a console with a 10 ft pole !)

June isnt far away I guess so we will find out soon enough

Comment

I think if it's to much people will wait until the next console generation before buying a new system. and I would of thought Microsoft doesn't want to price itself out of the game.

i wonder if Sony will raise there game and release info on the PS5 next year to counter Scorpio? because a 2019 release date doesn't seem out of the question as the Pro was meant as a middle of the generation refresh

Comment

I am interested in one but it's the price that will dictate what if I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
                        Not that bothered to be honest - I am looking at getting a stand alone UHD player and they run at a few hundred for a decent one.... so so long as it has a decent stable (not like the xone s) uhd player in there then I am definitely in.

Comment

Originally posted by prezzy View Post
                          Not that bothered to be honest - I am looking at getting a stand alone UHD player and they run at a few hundred for a decent one.... so so long as it has a decent stable (not like the xone s) uhd player in there then I am definitely in.
                          Stable you say - at laumch ? so your out then

Comment

Just had an email to state preorder details will be announced at Gamescon 20th at 20.00 BST

Comment

After today's news that Crackdown 3 is delayed into 2018 the XBX is now launching without a single title, I have a 4K tv but do I need 4K graphics I will probably wait until the Black Friday 2018 before I take the plunge

Born Red, Always Red Liverbird upon my chest Y.N.W.A.

Dead Rising 2 OTR, Batman Arkham City, Kinect Sports 2, Battlefield 3, Silent Hill Downpour, LOTR War In The North, MW3, Saint's Row: The 3rd, Catherine,

Comment

Working...
                              X