Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza 7 Initial thoughts (Slight rant alert!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza 7 Initial thoughts (Slight rant alert!)

I'm going to go right out and say it. Shite is my first thought.

OK that;s probably a bit ott but I do feel a little slighted here. There was a premium price tag for getting this early. Yes I know I got the car pass too - if I didn't I would 100% have been on the phone asking for a refund and getting it on disc.
    I mean superficially its just forza. But when they said "play 4 days early" that wasn't strictly accurate.

Auction house - coming soon.
    Forzathon - coming soon
    Marketplace - coming soon
    leagues - coming soon

Add to that there are only I think 5 hoppers (Classic street muscle,Modern hot hatch, historic road racing, rise of the supercar and track toys as available hoppers).
    OK, poor selection, ill just make a private lobby. Not without other people present I wont. You need at least 1 person to create a private lobby now. This was not a restriction before and I fail to see why it is now - what if I want to go in there and set it up ready... maybe do a few laps with AI to test it while I wait for people to come online ?
    OK, less gloss right over that... there's someone here now.. lets go... Nope, because that doesnt work either (or at least it wasn't last night).

Im also curious why they have chosen to lock cars behind some new levelling system. Basically you have a collector level and if you want car X and its at collector level Y you must buy a whole other bunch of cars first to get your collector level up. Why ? Whats this meant to achieve - If I want to buy a cobra and ive managed to win enough to buy with why is it locked behind some other level (which means I need to spend my money on cars I may NOT want to unlock it.. then have to earn more to get back the money I had in the first place - I just dont' get it).

I'm not even going to start on the AI - because that's always been a bit meh IMHO. poorly balanced, overly aggressive and somewhat inconsistent. All of these seem to have been exaggerated for this instalment. Suspect part of the problem here might be the rain - rain makes it really tough to drive certain tracks and the AI doesnt seem to be affected by this - at least not as much as the effect its really having on driving IYSWIM.

I saw some stuff about the levelling but dont know much, hopefully my copy turns up today so i can give it a go. Part of me likes the sound of having to unlock stuff but i dont mind a bit of a grind , just not too sure this is the type of game that would suit it
    Someone mentioned the drivatars being crap, could they improve once more people start playing and adding their drivatars? Still shouldnt be the case on a game like this though.
    Also do they still have microtransactions and are they still being shoved in your face after each race?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think Forza 7 will be my last foray into the series.. The game is not getting better and i'm afraid Turn 10 studios needs a new head honcho as the direction of the game really is failing the fans.

Comment

I cant say ive seen anything microtransaction wise - but there are loot crates. You buy these as far as I can see with in game currency. I guess if theres a market for selling this currency to people then it will be available but if it ends up like FM5 where it takes days or weeks to get the cash for one good car then ill be well miffed.
        I recall when FM5 launched there was a bug with AI racers - and you would get one (sometimes 2) AI zipping from away from everyone else and be almost untouchable.
        Here it feels more like the AI is glued to the track and isnt being affected by weather

As it happens the rental company sent me PC2 - so I might play that tonight and see how it compares.

For the most part the racing was pretty much ok - but it does feel like (another) expansion pack !

Comment

good news about the microtransactions, just hope they dont do an activision and start flogging crates and charge you for decals!
          One thing i got fed up with was the AI doing whatever it takes to stick to the driving line even if it meant ramming you out the way or cutting right infront of you just to slam on the brakes.
          Would be good to know what you make of project cars 2, ive got it on my rental list but tempted to pick it up once i get my wheel as i feel Forza seems to be heading away from their roots and going for a more 'accessible' and arcadey style where as PC's seems to be going all out sim.
          Got my copy today and just waiting for it to install

Comment

second the drivatar thing, most races so far have been a huge pileup at the first corner while the pole car drives off into the distance with no way of catching them, dropped difficulty twice but still getting some races on highly skilled that are next to impossible. The few times ive caught up with the lead it looks like nothing at all affects them, no under or oversteer, skidding or anything, just perfect through every bend. Hope they fix it!
            Also hate those stupid trucks, least enjoyable part of forza horizons for me and they feel even worse in this, handle like utter crap

Comment

after reading this im going to cancel my pre-order with Microsoft, or should i not?
              Last edited by TITAN TAYL0R; 01-10-17, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TITAN TAYL0R View Post
                after reading this im going to cancel my pre-order with Microsoft
                Its worth getting for a forza fan i think sir, apart from the drivatar issue that will hopefully get sorted when the game gets more populated its a solid game and starting to enjoy the unlock levelling up mechanic, actually spending money now instead of saving it and always racing the same few cars like i have in the previous games.
                Having a random issue with the clutch though, most races its fine but have noticed a couple of times it feels and sounds like it doesnt engage properly, deadzone set at 0 and its happened in the same car over multiple races, have also tried turning the damage to cosmetic but still happened at various points, strange.

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE View Post
                  Its worth getting for a forza fan i think sir, apart from the drivatar issue that will hopefully get sorted when the game gets more populated its a solid game and starting to enjoy the unlock levelling up mechanic, actually spending money now instead of saving it and always racing the same few cars like i have in the previous games.
                  Having a random issue with the clutch though, most races its fine but have noticed a couple of times it feels and sounds like it doesnt engage properly, deadzone set at 0 and its happened in the same car over multiple races, have also tried turning the damage to cosmetic but still happened at various points, strange.
                  So you think i shouldn't cancel it?

Comment

So you think i shouldn't cancel it?
                    what one have you ordered? Im not sure i would shell out for the expensive versions with vip etc, seeing people not very happy with some of the content, but i think its worth 40 ( if that helps )

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE View Post
                      what one have you ordered? Im not sure i would shell out for the expensive versions with vip etc, seeing people not very happy with some of the content, but i think its worth 40 ( if that helps )
                      Standard edition pal, but bought it via the Xbox Store so ive paid 50 for it

Comment

Standard edition pal, but bought it via the Xbox Store so ive paid 50 for it
                        I think its about 42 for a physical copy now so not much in it , sure it will drop to around 40 soon if you dont mind waiting. DD's post about the game nails it so that might help make your mind up, think they have added just enough new content to make it a decent purchase for forza fans

Comment

I ordered mine from simply games for 38 and it turned up yesterday. All installed but yet to play sadly.

nothing I have heard has really put me off apart from the shitty AI. I’m sure that will get sorted in time with an update. Mind you I haven’t properly got stuck in to a forza since forza 3 so it doesn’t bother me if things are similar to the last few versions.

Comment

The expensive one isnt as expensive as it sounds in that you get the car pass thing - which is maybe 25-30 anyway. I mean the digital versions are overpriced in the first place of course, but other than that I mean.
                            I just think it was a little cheeky saying "play 4 days early" when infact what you get to play aint exactly 100%. I gather there was a thread on the FM forums saying this but I didnt buy the game from there and I shouldnt need to look on there really.
                            Be interested to see how many of the "coming soon" features go live on Tue.

Comment

From my impressions playing the demo, it's Forza, it's what you come to expect in terms of the actual racing which is great. I just don't like the direction Forza is now going in, more arcadey, more mod cards which I don't like.

Forza 4 for me was the beez-neez, Forza 5 was meh, Forza 6 was good (apart from the mod cards) and Forza 7 (demo) left me feeling WTF.

What really pissed me off was that they made a big thing about the dynamic weather, then at release I find out it's only on a few tracks... they didn't give full disclosure on that with all the hype
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X