Forza 7 review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza 7 review

So my Forza 7 randomly showed up yesterday. Thought Iíd give a quick run down of a few bits.

So to start itís simply another Forza. Same tracks but with a few new ones and return of maple valley (one of my favourites)
    usual few changes to the handing,rain looks great,dusky mornings on some tracks look great. And the return of the auction house (Coming soon)
    but the main changes are the way you get cars. So you earn credits as usual to purchase new cars but this is the big change. You can only buy cars in the categorie youíve unlocked. So to start yo can buy common cars ie focus,golf etc but you have to buy a certain amount of them to unlock categorie 2 and same again to get to 3 and so on. So that stops you automatically grinding and getting a Lamborghini instantly.
    when doing single player races you do unlock better cars for free or discount when you level up your driver XP and for certain events you can unlock rare cars etc.

This is good as it makes you play the single player events more to unlock the better cars but I do feel this is also linked into buying prize crates and unlocking random rewards (not sure if these can be brought via micro transactions but most Likely)

There also a few other nice little changes like what your driver looks like and it looks like thereís some sort of online championship coming soon.

In all if your a Forza fan youíll still love it (I do) but will be interesting to put this up against GT sport in a few weeks. And see how good it looks in 4K once my X1X arrives next month.

My artwork page - www.facebook.com/DD13Art

Cool beans - Pretty much on the money I think.
    My gripe with the collector level lock is that it seems to amount to double the grind kinda. You need to grind to buy the cars you dont want to unlock the cars you do - and to buy those.. grind a again.

Course is only gind if you dont like the racing, which for the most parts is just more forza racing. (Though the wet weather AI is suspect IMHO)

I didnt get to try PC2 last night to see how it compares... plenty time tho... And then yeah - interesting to see how GTS compares too.... Might rent that rather than buy but we shall see.

Comment

My friend got PC2 and said it’s got tons of bug’s. Shadows flick in and out, frame rate drops,AI is terrible.
      In a few of the rain races I’ve seen a few AI drivers slide off the road but they do seem to stay on the track a lot more then I can when hitting deep standing water.

My artwork page - www.facebook.com/DD13Art

Comment

Racing games should not be a grind lol.. this game will soon be full arcade and nothing more...

Comment

I've decided to pass on Forza 7 for the time being, I just don't see enough new stuff to warrant splashing out, so I'll still to Forza 6. I might get PC2 if I get a wheel.

BTW, SMS released/is releasing a patch to deal with the common AI issues.
          sigpic

Comment

I tried PC2 earlier. This lasted around 20 mins before I removed the disc and deleted it.
            I even started a new career cos the first one I started was in mad crazy radical type cars. But looking at the career lists they look pretty much like the first one. Go karts, open wheel deelys or clio cups and such. Thing is I like a bit of variation - infact it kinda bugs me a bit that when you start a forza series now you have to see it through. With 4 you had that big grid thing and you could chop and change classes and such. That was way better.

Anyhoo - tried doing a carrer starting in the formula cars - the open wheel ones and the AI just kept slamming into the back of me and what not. So I rage deleted it and sent it back to the rental shop

Comment

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
              I tried PC2 earlier. This lasted around 20 mins before I removed the disc and deleted it.
              I even started a new career cos the first one I started was in mad crazy radical type cars. But looking at the career lists they look pretty much like the first one. Go karts, open wheel deelys or clio cups and such. Thing is I like a bit of variation - infact it kinda bugs me a bit that when you start a forza series now you have to see it through. With 4 you had that big grid thing and you could chop and change classes and such. That was way better.

Anyhoo - tried doing a carrer starting in the formula cars - the open wheel ones and the AI just kept slamming into the back of me and what not. So I rage deleted it and sent it back to the rental shop
              Did you notice if the handling for controller was any better than the first? I hated the karts on pc1 but prefer to start off with nothing than work my way up instead of having it all there from the start.
              After playing some more ive noticed the drivatars are getting better, finding if i set the race distance to long then i have a chance to catch up with the couple of runaway leaders just over half way through the race but even on unbeatable i can open up a decent gap before the end so think a few tweaks need to be made.
              Only issues ive had are with races that are using the same car and on an easy circuit with few turns as you have no chance of catching anyone, when racing the trucks ive been full throttle down a long straight only to be passed by someone like im standing still
              Also they need to sort the aggression, even with limit aggression on they will ram you clean off the track just to get on that racing line, forget the on or off they should just rename the choices vettel or maldonado!
              Got my steering wheel today but need to wait for the stand to turn up, anyone fancy sharing any tips and settings i can use

Comment

I've watched quite a bit of YouTube videos on PC2. Apparently the karts are still almost un-drivable.

AI difficulty and aggression in PC2 can be adjusted with a slider on a scale of 0 to 100, apparently you can even pause a race and make an adjustment.

The controller setup out-of-the-box, is supposed to be a lot better than PC1, but you may still need to make some adjustments in the settings. Good news is, there is plenty of info out there.

PC2 is playable with a controller, but is best with a wheel.
                sigpic

Comment

When I had PC2 on yesterday I was on the wheel. I only ever played the first one on PS4 so cant really compare.

I did twiddle the wheel settings for FM7. Adjusted the rotation range and turned it back down and wound the FF down a little. Feels much more driveable now. Seems odd doing that when the wheel can do 900 degrees but I just find it far too much like hard work with it set high because you need soooo much opposite lock when it starts to slide. (I guess this is more manageable in the real world because there can feel the car starting to go - time it happens in a game its almost too late if you need a full lock the other way.. does that make sense ?)

I have noticed that once you get past the AI you pretty much never see them again. The difficulty just dictates how hard its going to be to do that in the first place !

Comment

Working...
                  X