No announcement yet.

Forza Horizon 4 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the people ive talked to that prefer digital over a physical copy the reason is so they dont have to get off the chair to change the disc.
    Sure thats more convenient - but £10 a game premium for that.. makes no sense to me.

Comment

• im slowly moving towards digital these days, always preferred physical to digital and still rather buy films and music over streaming but im always chopping and changing when i game these days and after a few disk drive failures i dont fancy risking it, I dont mind paying a little extra if its a game i know im going to get value back like forza and red dead but will still keep an eye on cheap offers, its still puzzling the extra cost for getting less. Also the new trend seems to be charging an extra tenner to play "early", it makes as much sense as those online pass crap a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by homerramone
        From the people ive talked to that prefer digital over a physical copy the reason is so they dont have to get off the chair to change the disc.
        Sure thats more convenient - but £10 a game premium for that.. makes no sense to me.
        That and space are the main reasons for games.

As for movies and tv I just want access to my content wherever I am so buy all on Amazon digital. Can watch on all my TVs, at work during lunch or on holiday.

Not had any content rather I have purchased removed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Music I still buy on CD (and Vinyl). A bunch of stuff is autorip from amazon and anything that isnt I will put onto the computer myself anyway. I have all my music on onedrive and my phone syncs to that.. so I get all my music still anyway.
          Films are the same - I buy discs (BR/DVD) but first thing that happens is they get put onto the computer.. the disc is then stored.

Ive not had any games removed as such - but with games its the principle as much as anything. I buggered if im paying £10 when theres no media or distribution costs and the price is not only not cheaper its more. Bollocks to that

There are a couple of exceptions - I do the xbox share thing so some of those are digital if we both want to play.

Comment

• I think people really got a good Ďheads-upí about digital games when the excellent PT was taken off the PS Store and you now canít re-download it

plus, why do you need to pre-order digital games? only people that really benefits is the shareholders, you donít run out of digital copies
            Last edited by u1traviolet; 16-10-18, 21:09.
            “The thinker knows...”

Comment

• Originally posted by u1traviolet
              I think people really got a good Ďheads-upí about digital games when the excellent PT was taken off the PS Store and you now canít re-download it

plus, why do you need to pre-order digital games? only people that really benefits is the shareholders, you donít run out of digital copies
              Pt was an exceptional case as you didnít own it. Something like FH2 you can carry on downloading just not purchase.

Comment

• Just received a code for the McLaren Senna for playing the demo

Comment

• Originally posted by u1traviolet View Post
                  Because if they are 50 GB its going to take hours to download is the only reason I can think of.
                  Some have a price incentive too I guess.

Originally posted by Bowler View Post
                  Pt was an exceptional case as you didní; own it. Something like FH2 you can carry on downloading just not purchase.
                  I dont think it is - Im sure if you read the fine print you dont own any games you download You own a license to play it.

Windows is this same - you are paying for a license to use it.

I believe they want it to be the same way for discs if its not already - according to fine printer. wether or not its enforcable is another matter. Its hard with a disc because the disc will play.
                  Suspect that if MS had done what they originally intended with the XB1 this might not have been the case - you may recall you were going to have to be connected online always even for disc versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by homerramone
                    Because if they are 50 GB its going to take hours to download is the only reason I can think of.
                    Some have a price incentive too I guess.

I dont think it is - Im sure if you read the fine print you dont own any games you download You own a license to play it.

Windows is this same - you are paying for a license to use it.

I believe they want it to be the same way for discs if its not already - according to fine printer. wether or not its enforcable is another matter. Its hard with a disc because the disc will play.
                    Suspect that if MS had done what they originally intended with the XB1 this might not have been the case - you may recall you were going to have to be connected online always even for disc versions.

True but so far as far as I am aware I donít know of a game that you have lost access to or ability to redownload only the ability to buy it.

MS have actually been quite good about it and given away both FH and FH2 as games with gold just before they got delisted from the store.

Comment

• I'm loving this game so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowler View Post

True but so far as far as I am aware I donít know of a game that you have lost access to or ability to redownload only the ability to buy it.

MS have actually been quite good about it and given away both FH and FH2 as games with gold just before they got delisted from the store.

Doesnt mean it wont happen sooner or later though..
                        Being somewhat of a cynic I would say they gave those away because they were about to delist them...
                        "These are making no money any more, use them to pad out GwG". I mean they are good games still but even so...

Comment

Working...
                        X