No announcement yet.

What to watch next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i brought over christmas last year Smallville [last five seasons] and i've been very apprehensive about starting to re-watch it as i loved it the first time round and i was wondering if i would be disappointed and i might of been watching in through rose-tinted glasses the first time. but, its just a good the second time round! anyone who likes superhero series should start watching this; its so much fun
    “The thinker knows...”

Comment

managed to pick up the x-files complete series box set the other week for a decent price and just started rewatching them again and still love them, found some of the older sci fi series are starting to look a bit dated but not so much with them, think its probably to do with a solid cast and the some of the best writing around plus i cant remember a single episode that bored me but loads of standout ones like squeeze with the stretchy man and home with the lady under the bed. Have also got the new series saved on sky too to watch once im done. Still unconvinced with old T-1000 bloke though.

Comment

Originally posted by OliXSE View Post
        managed to pick up the x-files complete series box set the other week for a decent price and just started rewatching them again and still love them, found some of the older sci fi series are starting to look a bit dated but not so much with them, think its probably to do with a solid cast and the some of the best writing around plus i cant remember a single episode that bored me but loads of standout ones like squeeze with the stretchy man and home with the lady under the bed. Have also got the new series saved on sky too to watch once im done. Still unconvinced with old T-1000 bloke though.
        your be disappointed. the new episodes are not as good as the old; mainly because of the poor writing and a cast that looks disinterested in the whole thing. you might like them, but myself and a couple of friends [we are all big fans] started watching them and we turned it off; waiting for a show to get better [which is only six parts long] is not our idea of fun and after part three we where done with it.

hopefully in the next season which is being discussed now things will get back to the standard of the first 9 seasons
        “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Originally posted by u1traviolet View Post
          your be disappointed. the new episodes are not as good as the old; mainly because of the poor writing and a cast that looks disinterested in the whole thing. you might like them, but myself and a couple of friends [we are all big fans] started watching them and we turned it off; waiting for a show to get better [which is only six parts long] is not our idea of fun and after part three we where done with it.

hopefully in the next season which is being discussed now things will get back to the standard of the first 9 seasons
          Thats a bit of a shame to hear but guess they are all getting on a bit now, will give em a go when i finish the others and surely by that time they will be on to season 15 Dont suppose there has been anymore news about a new series of hannibal yet?

Comment

Thats a bit of a shame to hear but guess they are all getting on a bit now, will give em a go when i finish the others and surely by that time they will be on to season 15 Dont suppose there has been anymore news about a new series of hannibal yet?

after season 3 Hannibal was cancelled and the producer has moved onto making 'American Gods' which airs next year
            “The thinker knows...”

Comment

I just bought Millennium seasons 1-3 ( the tv series with bishop from aliens ) to watch when i finish x-files. Think i have only seen the first few epsiodes but cant remember much about it but been told good things.

Comment

I just bought Millennium seasons 1-3 ( the tv series with bishop from aliens ) to watch when i finish x-files. Think i have only seen the first few epsiodes but cant remember much about it but been told good things.
                loved the show! so so good :-)

watch out for the amazing recurring character Lucy Butler.

plus one of the best TV episodes EVER [and THE best title ever] 'Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions'

your love it
                “The thinker knows...”

Comment

currently i'm watching 'The Exorcist' which i would recommend, its only on the second episode but its very good

“The thinker knows...”

Comment

currently i'm watching 'The Exorcist' which i would recommend, its only on the second episode but its very good

I think i would be more scared of the amount of surgery geena davis looks like she has had than anything else pete burns plastic surgeon must be raking it in!
                    Whats the series like? Im always a bit cautious around series based off movies that i love, couldnt get on with bates motel or the shining and think the only ones i really enjoyed were hannibal and It.
                    Thats good to hear about millennium, will keep an eye out for that episode cheers

Comment

I think i would be more scared of the amount of surgery geena davis looks like she has had than anything else pete burns plastic surgeon must be raking it in!
                      Whats the series like? Im always a bit cautious around series based off movies that i love, couldnt get on with bates motel or the shining and think the only ones i really enjoyed were hannibal and It.
                      Thats good to hear about millennium, will keep an eye out for that episode cheers
                      well this is based on the book, but ive not seen the movie. Geena Davis is not in it much and yes shes not as hot as she was in 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' :-)

the main guy is Ben Daniels a english actor whos very good in it
                      “The thinker knows...”

Comment

well this is based on the book, but ive not seen the movie. Geena Davis is not in it much and yes shes not as hot as she was in 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' :-)

the main guy is Ben Daniels a english actor whos very good in it
                        You've not seen the exorcist? . Will try and give the series a watch if i can find it online.
                        Have you got round to watching 31 yet sir? My laptop wasnt liking the link so i gave up and keeping an eye out for a release date but havent even found an american blu ray import yet, think there is an option to rent through amazon but i want the bloomin blu ray!

Comment

You've not seen the exorcist? . Will try and give the series a watch if i can find it online.
                          Have you got round to watching 31 yet sir? My laptop wasnt liking the link so i gave up and keeping an eye out for a release date but havent even found an american blu ray import yet, think there is an option to rent through amazon but i want the bloomin blu ray!
                          yeah it was great [31] pretty much blu-ray quality 1080p with lovely 5.1 surround sound, but, my blu-ray player is not multi-region so after 20 minutes i got a lovely message on my TV seeing i was viewing in the wrong region [your unable to remove message box] so i didn't watch it as i refuse to watch media on my computers because i want the full experience. it would play perfectly through VLC though on a laptop / desktop and i could rig-up a computer to my lounge TV but, i can't be arsed and streaming from a NAS drive is all well and good but i have to have physical media [disk based]

private massage in-coming
                          “The thinker knows...”

Comment

saw that The Exorcist is starting wednesday on syfy channel so will be giving that a go

Comment

I heard a few days ago 'The Expanse's is going to be available on NetFlix UK in a few weeks time. this is one of the best sci-fi shows in recent years and every sci-fi fan should give it a go.

we where talking about the show in another thread but the search function doesn't work on mobile devices
                              “The thinker knows...”

Comment

currently watching the Lethal Weapon TV series; thought it was going to be total rubbish but gave it a go and its very good, its captures the spirit of the films perfectly
                                “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Working...
                                X