Running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homerramone View Post
    What you have to actually go to the gym. In this day an age thats pretty bad.
    Although it explains a lot - we get a cheap gym membership because of some deal work did with the place next door.. And i was thinking that it must be a rubbish gym - cos im not losing any weight, or feeling any fitter

aha

fortunately (or not) I actually enjoy it now and look to sneak some sessions in where I can - it all still seems very strange

Comment

Originally posted by prezzy

aha

fortunately (or not) I actually enjoy it now and look to sneak some sessions in where I can - it all still seems very strange
      I'm not dead but might be if I don't exercise more....

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to the local leisure centre to sign up yesterday but need a referral to get a discount due to diabetes. Need to start exercising as in the six weeks I have been on my medication I have put on 7 pounds. Really don’t fancy going back up to 19 stone plus again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Bowler; 18-03-18, 20:41.

Comment

So how are you guys getting on? I need to go out in the next few days, haven't been able to due to daughter. Also ended up having to miss the first official 10k race I was entered to run in.

Comment

I started doing couch to 5k a few weeks ago, but sort of doing my own thing now. Generally walk for 2 mins then jog for 20. Then walk home. I think I could increase my distance but it's too damn hot! Downloaded Strava app free version. I also have a Garmin watch from when I started running a few years ago.
            I don't have any ambition to run in a 10 k but just want to keep fit. Trying to go every other day. I also have a mountain bike but not used for a while.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

casey thats awesome mate! Have you looked into any 5k Parkrun near you? Could give you something to work towards.

Yeah running in this weather will be a challenge. Saying that though, I'm planning on my first run out for over a week, might go after I've woken up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedeck
                casey thats awesome mate! Have you looked into any 5k Parkrun near you? Could give you something to work towards.

Yeah running in this weather will be a challenge. Saying that though, I'm planning on my first run out for over a week, might go after I've woken up a little.
                I might look at Park runs but happy doing my own thing now. At the start of process I was only running for 90 secs and never thought I would be running for 20 mins!
                My sister has run the london and liverpool Marathon this year. Don't think I'll ever get to that stage!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back in from my run this morning, damn hot outside. I really should have taken some water.

casey Never say never! I bet there was a time when you probably didn't see yourself running. See how it goes and you might think differently after some more running. My sister also runs but hasn't run a marathon. She does run a lot of fun runs and 10ks, done a few half marathons too. I still haven't run my local ParkRun even though I'd find it easy now.

Comment

I did couch to 5k last year but as I started approaching the 5k mark I started to get an unbearable pain in my heels about halfway through. I forked out £40 for some newbalance running trainers but they didnt help.

Im going to give it another go in the next couple weeks as the weathers so good I really want to get out

Comment

SOANS When searching for trainers, the best I can say is go to a running store. They should be able to find the best pair to match your feet. I know they can be pricey but don't skimp on the trainers as they are the most important gear for running. I think mine was around 50-60 in a sale.

​​​​​I think the heel hurting though is down to how you strike the ground with your foot. Try landing your feet flat when you bring them down as the shock entering your feet is then around the whole area and not the front or heel.

Comment

Went on holiday for 2 weeks. Came back started running then injured myself with bad thigh strain. So bad doctor signed me off work for a week. Not sure how i'm going to get back into it. On the plus side I've been able to play a bit of Xbox this week!

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by casey View Post
                          Went on holiday for 2 weeks. Came back started running then injured myself with bad thigh strain. So bad doctor signed me off work for a week. Not sure how i'm going to get back into it. On the plus side I've been able to play a bit of Xbox this week!

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk
                          It'll come back. Just start slow and work back up to speed and don't overrun. I am finding that currently I'm a little rubbish as I haven't been running on a regular basis, so running short distances of 5k until I am ready to run more again. When I was going out loads, I would pretty much 10k on each run.. Need to get my act together.

Comment

Working...
                          X