⚰️ MVG is Dead ⚰️

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ⚰️ MVG is Dead ⚰️

I expected a more active community, & I've been as active as I can be bothered, both replying to threads,
    & creating them, but in reality there are 36 active users of this forum, & its dead as doornails.

I met 2 new Xbox friends however, which is good, but besides that, I check in to see my replies are still the last ones.

Shame.
    Last edited by Mal; 02-08-18, 14:24.

The POXY Clan Forums
    http://poxy.freeforums.net/
    The POXY Mixer Team Streaming Channel
    https://mixer.com/team/poxy

I think part of this issue is you missed the boat when this place was really busy. Sure it's dropped off and I still hope it picks up again, everyone knows that we aren't going through the best of times right now. For me, I keep returning because this is a bunch of friends I've known for a while and still like to generally find out how they all are getting on. So while people will come and go often due to the activity level, this place still has those who will most likely always return.

Comment

It needs fixing, the boards not even finished, all I see are broken images, unedited text, no logo... it looks terrible.
      The thing is there are 36 active members of MVG, so its actually a clan of 36 folks, & that's a big clan!
      Personally I would focus on the 36 active members, delete the dead accounts, delete the dead threads,
      get game nights happening, get a WhatsApp chat going, & get active.

The POXY Clan Forums

Comment

Well we don't really game together anymore, and I wouldn't get much chance to do so with having a young child. Mostly why I stick to SP games. So don't think we are a "clan" as we aren't. We are merely a group of people who have been here for a long time and still enjoy whatever interaction we have together. If you want to stick around, that's awesome but I wouldn't expect to see any big changes to happen in such a short period of time or any regular game nights or even an influx of new members.

Comment

Iím amazed there are 36 active members. Feels like a lot less.

zapiy - you did ask a while back if someone wanted to takeover, well hereís your chance as Mighty Mal could be your man.

Cant argue that he has a point, hence why a few weeks back I was suggesting merging with the oldgamers .

Obviously that controversial post caused a bit of short term activity, but already that is slowing down.

Comment

agree its really quiet round here these days and can only really speak for myself but have had loads of non gaming real life/family stuff going on so thats taken me away from gaming and posting on here. Hopefully things might pick up a bit when the autumn/winter rush of games come like horizon 4, bf5, anthem, not sure there are too many cod fans around these days though.
            Plus as you said before game forums seem to have taken a big hit over the last year or so with loads closing completely and those still around most probably have their preferred go to site. If anyone knows any ideas that could bring in new members then share away Recently popped on horizon 3 and we seem to have loads of people in the mvg club so maybe when 4 releases they might be tempted to check out the site.

Comment

690E1E30-CD17-48A9-89D4-9F9E91F3EDBB.png

The website looks ok to me
              “The thinker knows...”

Comment

I think being older means you also have really real world commitments which in all likelihood are better than visiting a forum or even gaming itself:

spending time with the family, reading to your children a bedtime story, enjoying other hobbies, having a overly long hot shower with your partner, the list goes on.

with our age we become less blinkered
                “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Originally posted by u1traviolet View Post
                  690E1E30-CD17-48A9-89D4-9F9E91F3EDBB.png

The website looks ok to me
                  The blocks at the bottom are empty on that skin "Asphalt", & dead on every other skin has the same dead blocks, & no logo.
                  The logo is only on that one skin.
                  Skins are changeable in the bottom left corner of your screen, under the dead blocks.

The POXY Clan Forums

Comment

Mate, I appreciate your opinions but itís borderline insults now.

You have no idea what this site achieved and why I keep it open. Yes there is lots I need to finish since a software update, most people are laid back about it. If I was to dedicate myself I know I would get all the members back because most of them supported me as a guy as much as the site. They all know my issues and sadly those issues play havoc with my online time.

Lastly I viewed your clan thread before this, I was like. Mmmm blatant poaching, I thought nah he seems ok, now Iíve read this I am of the opinion your looking to advertise and poach. So your free to leave if you donít like how Iím running the site at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im currently working 4 night shifts and 2 day shifts a week so i dont get a lot of time to do other things like be on MVG and game. i wish i could be gaming every night with everyone like we used to when this site was in its prime but its just not possible. i miss forza fridays and the other game nights we had. i miss when we would be up all night at weekends gaming mainly because we were having fun and the time escaped us. im not as active as i used to be but i still get on here and have a look round when i can. like others had said, we have real world commitments which take priority over gaming.

After reading a few of your posts mal i agree with zapiy. you are only here to blatantly advertise and poach people to your own clan by running down the site we have here. all i have seen in the few posts i have read so far is negativity and negativity about the site so if you dont like it and how the site is run here, F@&k off back to your own clan and stay there

sorry to everyone else for the use of language

Comment

I will always support this site and do what I can for it. Like others say life gets in the way. But this site is still here to pop on have a chat and hopefully one day itíll have more member back and gaming together. But in the mean time itís just good to pop on and have a chat.
                        i donít see why a WhatsApp group is necessary as we what to try getting chat going on the site.
                        Last edited by DEADDOLL666; 08-08-18, 16:07.

My artwork page - www.facebook.com/DD13Art

Comment

in response to our forum being dead; yours makes ours feel like its the front page of reddit :-))

plus adding you as a friend on xbox now seems very wrong as you where 'liking' all my achievements, ALL my achievements?! really, i now feel like i was being groomed
                          Last edited by u1traviolet; 09-08-18, 09:16.
                          “The thinker knows...”

Comment

I reckon this Mal thing has been a very cunning plan by Zapiy to get people posting again with passion...

Good work son, definitely worth a tip of my cap in your general direction.

Comment

I bet Mal is short for Malcolm. He seems like a Malcolm...

Comment

Working...
                              X